Environment related CSR activities are activities aiming to protect and improve the environment.
When deciding a strategy for environmental matters it can be helpful to think about what can be done on a short-term basis and what should be your company's long-term commitments.
A few examples of ‘short-term’ activities
- climate-campaign with goals for reducing electricity and fuel consumption
- plan for water-use reductions
- ’green’ purchases e.g. replace copy and print paper with certified paper
A few examples of long-term commitments:
- minimise waste and increase reuse of materials and resource
- replace production materials with more ‘eco-friendly’ alternatives
- obtain environmental product declaration on certain products
- for timber traders – promote and trade certified timber and wood products
- implement environmental management standards
Let CSR-Direct help you select and arrange relevant environmental CSR activities that are directly linked to your core business and hereby ensure that both your company and the environment will benefit from the efforts.